The Leixlip club was first affiliated to the Gaelic Athletic Association in 1887.In 1939 a clubhouse was opened in the Main Street and was the centre of activities until the 1950s when a premises, now Tuthills Shop, was purchased on the Captains Hill and converted to a hall at a cost in excess of £600. It was named the “Joe Fox Memorial Hall” as a tribute to Joe’s many years of endeavour in promoting the ideals of Cumann Luthchleas Gael in Leixlip and Co. Kildare.
The official opening of the current grounds at Radley Park took place on October 3, 1954.
On June 6, 1975, H.E. the President of Ireland, Mr. Cearbhall Ó Dálaigh, laid the foundation stone for the complex and on the October 1, 1978, the official opening was performed by then President of the GAA, Mr. Con Murphy. Radley Park was re-opened on May 12, 1991 by the then President of the GAA, Mr. Peter Quinn. May 16, 2004 saw the culmination of years of endeavour by the members and the financial and moral support of the local community when the Minister of Finance and TD, Mr. Charlie McCreevy officiated at the opening the club’s new facilities.
Pay Your Leixlip GAA Club Membership online via the MyClubFinances.com system: